PHP Classes

performance

Recommend this page to a friend!

Screenshot  >  All threads  >  performance  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:performance
Summary:how much time does it take to create a screenshot?
Author:Olaf Lederer
Date:2008-06-13 06:53:58
Update:2008-06-13 12:01:42

1. performance   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Olaf Lederer Olaf Lederer - 2008-06-13 06:53:58
Hello Daniel,

I'm very surprised that it's possible to create remote screenshots that easy using windows as operating system :D

do you think you can run that class on production servers?
I noticed in your video that it takes some time (most of all the first screenshot)

is the IE window closed automatically after the a screenshot is generated?

how about flash, java, activeX? does it work with your class?

Thanks Olaf

2. Re: performance   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Daniel Neville Daniel Neville - 2008-06-13 11:06:36 - In reply to message 1 from Olaf Lederer
Hi there,

Thanks for your message.

My computer has only 128MB RAM, and when I'm recording it slows this down significantly, so my computer isn't the fastest.

It typically takes a few seconds to take a screenshot,

As to your question whether it supports Flash etc, it definitely should do, although there may be a performance issue with Java (especially on my machine, just running a Java application normally on my machine may take upto 3 minutes to load.)

I'm looking for more 'guinea pigs' per sť to report how long it takes to run on theres so I can get a more accurate picture.

It should also be kept in mind that once the application has run once, it will load much faster next time, (as you can see on the video.)

And yes, it does close after each run. Due to the terminal nature of PHP scripts it would be difficult to keep IE between runs.

Dan

3. Re: performance   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Olaf Lederer Olaf Lederer - 2008-06-13 11:39:40 - In reply to message 2 from Daniel Neville
I will try the script on my windows VPS, is it possible to run that script on a shared hosting machine?

4. Re: performance   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Daniel Neville Daniel Neville - 2008-06-13 12:01:42 - In reply to message 3 from Olaf Lederer
It would work if the machine was set up correctly, but probably unlikely.

best bet is to try it on your localhost