PHP Classes

Really a Good Idea?

Recommend this page to a friend!

Steam Community Wrapper  >  All threads  >  Really a Good Idea?  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:Really a Good Idea?
Summary:Really a Good Idea?
Author:Brian Price
Date:2009-03-17 08:18:53
Update:2009-04-07 12:12:42

1. Really a Good Idea?   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Brian Price Brian Price - 2009-03-17 08:18:53
I'm sorry, I just have to make this post. With the number of phishing sites around, is it really a good idea to make it so readily available, an authentication of user accounts (especially seeing as the code doesn't appear to use an official API).

Not to belittle your work, and not that others certainly wouldn't do this if they wanted to, but it just seems like it may send the wrong message to unwitting site owners who may decide that "Oh adding a user's steam profile to their account at mygamesite.com is a great idea!" when in actuality it will just generate confusion with users and put their accounts at risk.

Just a thought. Though it's always good to see people contributing code, and I don't want to say anything negative towards that. Just something to think of with this.

Cheers,

2. Re: Really a Good Idea?   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Dean Poot Dean Poot - 2009-03-19 01:13:12 - In reply to message 1 from Brian Price
This is really more for steam account sales so you can get a list of what games are on the account quickly

3. Re: Really a Good Idea?   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Brian Price Brian Price - 2009-03-19 09:34:07 - In reply to message 2 from Dean Poot
My comment was not related to your intention but the potential use of such a readily available library. As I said before, I mean no disrespect, it's just a comment on making it such a readily available product.

I guess everyone just needs to be careful, but phishers will certainly be happy that they can now verify that the password you entered is indeed correct :P

Anyways...

Cheer,s

4. Re: Really a Good Idea?   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of blackwaltz blackwaltz - 2009-04-07 12:12:42 - In reply to message 1 from Brian Price
Hi does this still work? I uploaded the scripts and tested the example (adding my steam user/pass) returns;

"Warning: unlink(cookie.tmp) [function.unlink]: No such file or directory
Login Failed"

also tried uploading a "cookie.tmp" file and it still returned "Login Failed".

Thanks