Target CMS  >  All threads  >  help  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:help
Summary:Target CMS
Author:Rees
Date:2010-07-06 10:58:39
Update:2010-07-06 17:56:26

1. help   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Rees Rees - 2010-07-06 10:58:39
Nice CMS. Installing is easy and after installation it all looks nice and easy to maintenance.
Only I am not sure what to do with "host" file, because users can open it in browser, or am I making a mistake.

Anyone ??

2. Re: help   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Graham Trott Graham Trott - 2010-07-06 17:56:26 - In reply to message 1 from Rees
Hi Rees

Thank you for trying out Target CMS. I'll be here to help you as much as I can.

The "host" file is read by the PHP script every time a request is made. It contains information you definitely DON'T want to be read by a browser, such as the name of your database and the password to access it. For this reason, the home page of the website is the file "index.php" inside the /www folder, not the file of the same name at the top level. (Perhaps I shouldn't have called them by the same name - I may change the name of the top-level file to prevent this confusion.)

Because the website root is in /www, all files outside this are inaccessible to browsers. That means the toplevel index.php and the /php folder.

So to fire up your site, go to <yoursite>/www/index.php. I hope this is the solution to your problem, but if not, do let me know and I'll try to help.

Graham