PHP Classes

Unknow Error in RESTphulSrv | not_toc

Recommend this page to a friend!

eKatab PHP ePub Reader  >  All threads  >  Unknow Error in RESTphulSrv | not_toc  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:Unknow Error in RESTphulSrv | not_toc
Summary:Unknow Error in RESTphulSrv | not_toc
Author:Rajkumar
Date:2018-07-12 14:19:33

1. Unknow Error in RESTphulSrv | not_toc   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Rajkumar Rajkumar - 2018-07-12 14:19:33
I need to need read and view epub file in web pages. So i try to setup your eKatab epub reader. But its throw following message

Unknow Error in RESTphulSrv | not_toc
|eKatab::read_toc | 309

Suggest me, how to fix this.

2. Re: Unknow Error in RESTphulSrv | not_toc   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Karl Holz Karl Holz - 2019-01-20 09:36:36 - In reply to message 1 from Rajkumar
I have an epub file on my GitHub repo for this class. If that works on your server, then it could be a problem with the epub file you're trying to access. This class can't decrypt encrypted epub files as well. Maybe you could also unzip the epub file and list the contents. It's been a while since I have looked at the code, but if you give me some more info I'll try and help.

3. Re: Unknow Error in RESTphulSrv | not_toc   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Karl Holz Karl Holz - 2019-01-20 10:20:08 - In reply to message 2 from Karl Holz
The ini file that gets generated by my class will have an a line under [book_layout] starting with toc="zip://<your epub>#<path to to>. It should be an ncx file, it's a XML document.

Your failure looks like a problem with reading this file, it is possible that it doesn't exist or is encrypted. But of it is encrypted then it would have thrown an error about that. I would suggest that you download the zip from my GitHub, clean out the data Dir (the current ini file points to a file hosed by MAMP setup) and see if the provided epub works.

4. Re: Unknow Error in RESTphulSrv | not_toc   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Karl Holz Karl Holz - 2019-01-20 10:20:14 - In reply to message 2 from Karl Holz
The ini file that gets generated by my class will have an a line under [book_layout] starting with toc="zip://<your epub>#<path to to>. It should be an ncx file, it's a XML document.

Your failure looks like a problem with reading this file, it is possible that it doesn't exist or is encrypted. But of it is encrypted then it would have thrown an error about that. I would suggest that you download the zip from my GitHub, clean out the data Dir (the current ini file points to a file hosed by MAMP setup) and see if the provided epub works.